Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bishkek Market



Some colleagues and I had a chance to check some of the local markets in Bishkek which are like nothing I've ever seen. The first stop was at one of the largest bazaars in Kyrgyzstan. This place was enormous; they had everything you could ever think of eating and some things you wouldn't even consider touching. Almost all of the sellers will let you try some of the food before you buy it but I resisted the temptation to sample anything. It was hot, crowded, and it stunk but I thought it was great. The second stop at another outdoor market consisted mainly of articles of clothing. Luckily I didn't spend much money due to the fact that they don't have many 6'6" people in Central Asia so none of the clothes fit.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I was going to say that you look quite a bit taller than everyone else around you in the picture - lol. Anyway, glad you got to experience the bazaar and it sounds like you're having fun.

Shane said...

Looks like you're having a a great time! And it looks like some really good photos. Take care..